We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Reliance High-Tech Limited is the UK’s leading independent security technology integrator and provider of Lone Worker safety services under the Reliance Protect brand. We have been working with leading public and private sector organisations to improve security for over 40 years. Accredited to the highest industry standards and working in partnership with the leading security manufacturers and suppliers, we deliver innovative technology solutions to blue chip customers across a wide range of demanding security environments.
Through these activities, Reliance High-Tech Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of procuring products and services from you we may collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- the names, job titles, email addresses, contact telephone numbers and postal addresses of persons with whom we are in contact within your organisation.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- process any transactions authorised or made by you with us, including the delivery of any products or services that we procure from you and any associated contract administration such as invoicing and payments; and
- engage with you about the products and services that you offer which may be relevant to us.
Who we share your personal information with
From time to time, we may share the personal information that we collect from you with our customers. This data sharing aids the delivery of products and services that we offer to our customers.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold the personal information that we collect from you for such period as you are a supplier of ours.
When you cease to be a supplier of ours, we will then retain your personal information for such period of time that we consider your products and services to be of a legitimate interest to us. We may retain aggregated or anonymised data (which is not treated as personal information under this privacy notice) for longer.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
The General Data Protection Regulation sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data:
- to comply with our contractual obligations to you; and
- to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, to engage with you on potential solutions for our customers.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you; and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We secure access to all areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 18-05-2018 and last updated on 21-05-2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by posting the revised privacy notice on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to email@example.com, write to The Data Protection Officer, Reliance High-Tech Limited, 100 Berkshire Place, Wharfedale Road, Winnersh, Berkshire, RG41 5RD or call 0845 121 0802.