Engineering Technician (Grade A)
- Key Objectives of the Role
The purpose of the job is to provide professional engineering expertise and excellent customer service during installation, commissioning and maintenance of variety of CCTV, Intruder, Access Control Systems and other security solutions.
The main challenges of the job are deadline pressures, demand for thoroughness, customer service skills, interpersonal, rapport-building and team working skills in order to meet the business requirements.
- Department Structure
- Overall Purpose of the Role
- Resident engineer to be based at one of our prestige customer sites in Canary Wharf to maintain and service Security Systems CCure 800 / Verint trained with experience is essential. System will be upgraded to CCure9000 over the next 6 to 12 months, further CCure training for this will be provided.
- Provide technical expertise in installation, fault finding, repair and commissioning of varied selection of PC/Network based Access Control Systems and different high end software packages.
- Provide technical expertise in fault finding and repair with a variety of CCTV operating systems from small scale CCTV systems to large Multi-site installations with PC Based Digital Recorders.
- Provide engineering support to fibre optic transmission systems, LAN/WAN networks and radio telemetry systems to effectively remedy any faults.
- Collaborate with all parts of the business to ensure that the agreed scope of works is delivered in line with the customer’s expectations.
- Working hours are 08.00hrs to 16.30hrs Monday to Friday. Overtime is available and travel to Europe (1-2 days per year). Able to provide assistance with overtime where out of hour solutions are sought. Depending on the business needs it could be approx. 1-2 times per month.
- Participate in team meetings and actively contribute towards the business’ activities.
- Strive to maximise personal development and performance and take active part in performance reviews and personal development plans. Maintain up to date technical knowledge through internal and external training provision.
- Operate according to the requirements of business-specific applications and processes and the broad application environments (e.g. order submission, stock control, timesheet submission, job closing, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required.
- Comply with Reliance High Tech’s policies and procedures and with any reasonable managerial request.
- Ideally live within an hour’s journey from home to site using public transport.
- Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience (Required to perform the job)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- NVQ 3 in Electronic Security or equivalent proven experience.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- Knowledge of Access control / CCTV / Intercom / Intruder systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of digital electronics principles and systems.
- Health and Safety.
- Advanced technical knowledge of enterprise level Access Control systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of CCTV systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Intercom systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Intruder systems.
- Advanced knowledge surrounding digital electronic & electrical systems.
- Strong Microsoft OS knowledge.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and other network fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of UFE’s (Unified Front End).
- Personal Qualities
- Organised and efficient
- Proactive and enjoys taking the initiative
- Customer experience on face to face level in a high end banking environment
- Works well on own and as part of a team
- Willingness to train a full time apprentice
- Special Relationships and Contacts (Internal and External)
• Projects and small works team
• Service Desk
• Technical support (where appropriate/applicable)
• European LSP’s (Local Service Providers)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Title||Engineering Technician (Grade A)|
|Immediate Manager||Regional Services Manager|